"Renting with Rex" can be ordered directly from the publisher at Lulu.com.
Feel free to call or text me at 510/415-6185 or email me at jackie@thesocialpet.com. I look forward to hearing from you!

Sunday, February 7, 2010

Honorable Mentions for Two Book Festivals!

Thursday, February 24 - Drive to Pismo Beach
Wednesday, February 25 - Drive to Los Angeles/Hollywood, Awards Ceremony at Roosevelt Hotel, Walk along "The Walk of Fame"

Walk of Fame Photos

Friday, February 26 - Drive home

On Wednesday, February 3, I received an email stating that "Renting with Rex" had won an Honorable Mention for the DIY (Do it Yourself) Book Festival in the "How To" category. I sent in my reservation for the dinner on February 25, in Los Angeles.

Tonight, Sunday, February 7, I received another email that "Renting with Rex" won another Honorable Mention, also in the "How To" category. This time it was for the Los Angeles Book Festival. The dinner for the Los Angeles Book Festival is the same as the DIY Book Festival.

I was so surprised and happy to see that the book was finally receiving some recognition. I have received a handful of uncomplimentary comments from other so-called professionals "in the field." But the average person on the street really likes it. So, I had to tell myself, who is the book written for? Is it written for the so called "reviewer" or English Professor sitting in their ivory tower? Or is it written for the person who has pets, who needs to find a place to rent and does not want to give up their pets. Or for the person who has been in a similar situation in the past and needed to find a place to rent with their pets, and did not want to surrender them to a shelter? That was not to hard for me to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment